The HDX-SDI SDI/HDMI/Analog Video Interface with Thunderbolt from MOTU is a professional video capture and monitoring solution for your Mac or PC computer with support for uncompressed HD and SD, Apple ProRes, and many other popular workflows in 10-bit at 4:2:2. The unit features SD/HD-SDI, and HDMI inputs and outputs supporting standard SD and HD formats, it also features analog video inputs and outputs. You can monitor and record up to 16 channels of audio using a combination of eight analog, eight AES/EBU inputs, or eight audio channels embedded in the SDI signal.
Click Here to Watch the Video Review
The unit provides HD and SD capture and playback for available Thunderbolt-equipped computers. It supports Apple ProRes, ProRes HQ, DNxHD, and other popular host-based codecs supported by Final Cut, Media Composer and Premiere Pro. It lets you capture, edit and monitor natively in any supported codec using Final Cut, Media Composer, or Premiere, with no transcoding needed. The unit is suitable for desktop or rack-mount operation, by using the included rack-mount brackets.
Order your Motu Thunderblot Interface here
- Thunderbolt Video Interface for Mac and Windows
- Provides HD and SD capture and playback for any Thunderbolt-equipped computer.
- Comprehensive Video Capture & Monitoring
- Supports all standard SD and HD video formats up to and including 1080p30 (720p, 1080i, 1080p & 1080PsF).
- Cross-Platform Software Support
- Supports Avid Media Composer (Mac/Windows), Apple Final Cut Pro X and 7 (Mac), and Adobe Premiere Pro (Windows).
- Captures and Plays Uncompressed HD and SD
- The unit captures 10-bit, 4:2:2 video at up to 1920 x 1080 resolution to available computers or high speed storage.
- ProRes & DNxHD Support
- Capture and monitor full-raster (1920 x 1080 or 1280 x 720) Apple ProRes, ProRes HQ, or other popular host-based codecs supported by Apple Final Cut Pro and Adobe Premiere Pro
- File Based Workflow
- Support for file-based workflows lets you capture, edit, and monitor in any codec supported natively in Final Cut or Premiere, with no transcoding needed.
- Broadcast Quality
- 10-bit 4:2:2 signal path throughout
- ASC CDL
- ASC CDL color grading provides flexible, industry-standard color adjustment with separate settings for capture and playback
- HDMI capture and monitoring provides both HDMI in and out
- Machine Control
- Advanced sync features include time code, large front panel time code display, video ref input, and 9-pin machine control
- Capture or monitor up to 16 channels of audio via any two 8-channel banks of TRS analog, AES/EBU digital, or embedded (SDI or HDMI) at sample rates up to 96 kHz
- Offers professional rackmount operation, or remove the rack-mount brackets for convenient desktop use
- International operation is made possible with an auto-switching internal power supply with powersave mode