Introducing the RICOH WG-M1: the ultimate action camera addition to the popular WG series, perfect for all types of outdoor and underwater activities
Looking for an ultra-rugged, outdoor camera with video and still imaging capabilities? Then look no further as RICOH IMAGING UK today announces the launch of the RICOH WG-M1 digital action camera. The newest addition to the waterproof, shock-resistant WG series, the WG-M1 features an ultra-wide-angle lens that enables you capture all kinds of underwater and outdoor activities in high-quality, true-to-life movies and pictures.
Designed for outdoor enthusiasts, adventurers and photographers that want to take pictures anytime, anywhere, the RICOH WG-M1 performs brilliantly in challenging outdoor conditions. The camera is waterproof to a depth of 10 metres, shock-resistant against a fall from a height of two metres, and cold-resistant to temperatures as low as －10°C.
Featuring an ultra-wide-angle lens, the WG-M1 captures dynamic Full HD movie clips and with approximately 14.0 effective megapixels, enables you to take beautiful, high-resolution still images. Its high-speed continuous shooting capability records subjects in a series of images at a speed of approximately 10 images per second.
The rugged heavy-duty design of the WG-M1 continues the trend of the WG series; perfect for outdoor photography. It also offers a host of convenient features that allow you to check real-time images during both still-image and movie shooting, including a 1.5-inch colour LCD monitor and a wireless LAN connection to a smartphone or tablet.
By installing the WG-M1 dedicated app on a smartphone or tablet, users can perform a series of actions including taking pictures from a distance, confirm the status of a subject or scene and check movie recordings in real time. You can also browse and download images and movies from the WG-M1 to your smartphone or tablet for effortless editing using the tools provided on the app and then upload them to social networking and other websites to share with friends.
The WG-M1’s large control buttons facilitate camera operation — including instant switching between still-image and movie modes — even wearing gloves. It also features a tripod socket on the bottom for the direct attachment of various accessories.
The WG-M1 comes with an array of optional camera-mount accessories which allow outdoor photographers to capture fantastic video and still images in almost any situation – whether it’s capturing sport action scenes or a range of outdoor activity shots.
The WG-M1 is available in black or orange.
· Effortless underwater shooting without a housing – The WG-M1 delivers outstanding waterproof performance to a depth of 10 metres for up to one hour of continuous operation (equivalent to IPX8 or JIS Class 8)
· Ultra rugged for outdoor use – The WG-M1 is shock-resistant against a fall from a height of two metres,* dustproof (equivalent to JIS Class 6), and cold-resistant against temperatures as low as －10°C. All these features make the WG-M1 a truly dependable, heavy-duty action camera in challenging outdoor conditions.
· Lightweight, portable design - Since it doesn’t require a cumbersome housing to protect the body, so you can enjoy taking underwater movies and images more freely, and also record sounds more clearly without muffling.**
· Full HD movie recording - The WG-M1 provides Full HD movie recording in the H.264 recording format, capturing high-quality, extended movie clips (1920 x 1080 pixels, 16:9 proportions) at a frame rate of 30 frames per second.*** Thanks to its digital shake reduction mode, you can be assured of flawless, blur-free movies, with a choice of four angle-of-view settings — Wide (approximately 137 degrees),**** Medium, Narrow***** and Underwater. It also provides a host of creative tools to simplify complex movie-recording techniques, including “Motion detection,” which automatically starts recording a movie when the camera detects a moving object within the image field; “Loop recording,” which keeps recording movies while creating new files at five or ten-minute intervals; “High-speed Movie,”****** which records movies specifically for slow-motion playbacks; and “Time Lapse Movie,” which produces time-compressed movies using a time-lapse recording technique. In addition, a micro-HDMI terminal (type D) is provided on the camera body for the simultaneous output of movie clips and sound to external audio-visual devices.
· High-resolution still images captured by an ultra-wide-angle, 160-degree lens and approximately 14.0 effective megapixels - The WG-M1 delivers true-to-life, high-resolution still images, thanks to the combination of approximately 14.0 effective megapixels and a CMOS image sensor with outstanding high-sensitivity, low-noise characteristics and high-speed data readout. During still-image shooting, it offers a choice of four angle-of-view settings: Wide (160 degrees),******* Medium, Narrow******** and Underwater.
* Measured under RICOH IMAGING-original testing standards (from a height of two metres onto a surface of 5cm-thick plywood), conforming to Method 516.5-Shock of the MIL-Standard 810F
** When the image size of 848 x 480 pixels (at 120fps) is selected, sound cannot be recorded
*** The maximum length of a single movie clip is 25 minutes
**** The angle of view may vary depending on the selected image size. The maximum angle of view in underwater movie recording is approximately 90 degrees.
***** The medium and narrow settings are selectable only when the image size of 1920 x 1080 pixels (at 30fps) is selected
****** The image size is fixed at 848 x 480 pixels (at 120fps), while the recording duration isfixed at 60 seconds
******* The angle of view may vary depending on the selected image size. The maximum angle of view in underwater still-image recording is approximately 97 degrees.
******** The medium and narrow settings are selectable only when image size of 10M or 14M is selected
Face Detection AF & AE function, to automatically optimize focus and set exposure on the subject’s face
WG adhesive mount, to attach the camera body to different surfaces using a powerful adhesive tape
Carabiner-equipped strap, to suspend the camera on a backpack or other object for easy carrying
Compatible with micro SD and micro SDHC memory cards
New Optional Accessories:
O-MA1531 WG Grip Adapter
This accessory provides a solid grip of the WG-M1 to facilitate one-handed shooting.
O-MA1532 WG Angle Adapter
With a combination of three parts, this accessory allows you to set the camera at the desired angle.
O-CM1532 WG Adhesive Mount 2
Designed to attach the camera to different surfaces using a powerful adhesive tape, this accessory provides a broader adhesive area than the standard WG adhesive mount included in the camera package. It also comes with a hook to attach a leash cord to prevent the accidental loss of the camera during the shooting of active sports, such as surfing and snowboarding.
O-CM1533 WG Wrist Strap Mount
Designed to attach the camera to the arm or tubular objects such as pipes, this accessory is convenient for the shooting of active sports such as surfing, snorkeling, skiing and snowboarding.
O-CM1534 WG Peg Mount
Designed to fix the camera on the ground, this accessory simplifies still-image/movie recording of golf swings and interval shooting on photo-shooting expeditions.
O-CM1535 WG Magnet Mount
Designed to attach the camera to metal objects with a powerful magnet, this accessory makes it easy to install and remove the camera.
O-CM1536 WG Helmet Strap Mount
Designed to attach the camera to a helmet using a strap, this accessory assists active movie shooting of road racing and mountain biking.
Existing Optional Accessories:
O-CM1471 WG Adhesive Mount
A camera mount with a powerful adhesive tape to fix the camera body to an intended object, such as a canoe, helmet and bicycle.
O-CM1472 WG Handlebar Mount
A pinch-type camera mount to fix the camera body to a pipe of a bicycle or hang glider.
O-CM1473 WG Suction Cup Mount
A camera mount with a suction cup, easily removable for repeated use, to fix the camera body to an intended object, such as a canoe or bicycle. Also usable as a handy substitute for a tripod.