Introducing SkreensTV ™: Watch What You Want, When You Want
SkreensTV Is the First System That Creates Multiple Screens, Giving You Total Control to Simultaneously Watch, Play and Stream Anything You Want on One TV Screen
BOSTON, MA--(Marketwired - Nov 13, 2014) -
Core news facts:
- Today, SkreensTV introduced the first system that lets you control what plays on your TV screen.
- By combining cable TV, sports, gaming, apps, websites and social media, SkreensTV lets you simultaneously watch, play and stream different types of content to one TV screen.
- SkreensTV is a patents-pending, web-based HTML5 TV system with five HDMI inputs to view multiple traditional TV input devices, direct Internet web access and HTML5 app development on your TV screen.
- SkreensTV significantly increases the power, function and capabilities of any TV and lets you or your family watch live TV, connect any gaming console or stream content from your laptop, all at the same time.
- With the SkreensTV system, you and your family get the most out of your existing devices, cable and streaming services.
- Unlike previous picture-in-picture capabilities and costly high-end home entertainment systems, SkreensTV gives you total control of the image size and placement on the screen.
- With the SkreensTV iOS or Android app, you can choose and create the layout of your TV screen from your phone or tablet and save favorite layouts based on your preferences.
- According to a Nielsen report, Americans spend more than 20 percent of their time watching traditional TV and 86 percent of US smartphone owners say that they use their devices as second-screens while watching TV.
- Additionally, another report found that Americans spend more than $2,000 annually on Internet, TV, cell phone service and video games.
- SkreensTV consolidates all of your devices and content to one screen, creating one interactive and personalized screen.
- SkreensTV features include:
- Control and customization - your mobile or tablet is the remote. The SkreensTV iOS and Android app lets you control the layout of each screen on the TV and save favorite layouts for future use. Each screen streams its audio over Bluetooth or Wi-Fi to tablets or mobile devices so that anyone can listen to the program of their choice by ear buds or headphones. The app also allows you to choose which audio is played through the TV itself.
- Compatibility - with a built-in processor, five HDMI inputs, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, 10/100/1000 Ethernet port, two USB ports, S/PDIF fiber out, built-in storage memory and a microSD card reader, SkreensTV works with all HDMI devices. Households with cable/satellite/IPTV set-top boxes, gaming consoles, laptops and any other streaming devices such as Apple TV, Chromecast, and Roku can simply connect SkreensTV to your TV. Once the app is downloaded to your tablet or mobile device, plug-in up to five products to the system and you're ready to go.
- Connected - get more value from your TV by making it smart and connected without a costly investment in a new home entertainment system. The SkreensTV system has Wi-Fi connectivity, so any household can easily connect their TV screen to any internet connected device of their choice.
- How SkreensTV works:
- To use SkreensTV, you need a HDTV 1080 with HDMI connectivity and a mobile or tablet with the SkreensTV mobile app.
- After connecting SkreensTV to your TV, the app helps you connect your device to the Internet via Wi-Fi or Ethernet. SkreensTV will also work without Internet if so desired.
- Once the app is personalized to your preferences, connect the content sources of your choice.
- SkreensTV will be available in white and its current dimensions are 7 x 3 X 2 inches (L x W X H). Color availability and size are subject to change.
- Additionally, SkreensTV will offer 4G, 32G and 64G storage memory models and will include Xilinx Zynq-7000 All Programmable SoC, which will enable extensive system flexibility, integration and performance.
- To be one of the first to experience SkreensTV, the system is available for pre-order now on Indiegogo starting at $399.
- SkreensTV is expected to ship Winter 2015 to U.S. and international customers. Additionally, the iOS and Android apps will also be available by Winter 2015.
- Following the pre-order, SkreensTV has an estimated retail price of $499 MSRP.
- For more information and images, please visit: http://skreenstv.com/
Marc Todd, founder and CEO, SkreensTV:
"The TV is the biggest screen we own, but its range is painfully limited. SkreensTV combines everything you love about TV with all the amazing stuff you do online on one screen. There no longer needs to be a choice between watching your favorite show, switching between games or giving up control of the remote. SkreensTV gets the best out of all your devices and puts it on one screen -- you get to control how your TV pixels get allocated and make your TV more than what it is today."
Steven Fong, Director of Consumer Business Segment, Xilinx:
"We're excited to play a key role in enabling consumers to have the ultimate control over their TV experience. SkreensTV is based on Xilinx All Programmable technologies so developers can build applications and create logic designs that were previously available only at the professional level into consumers' homes."
SkreensTV brings a personalized experience to TV to give you ultimate control. The company's first product is a system that you plug into your TV and up to five HDMI-enabled devices to bring together everything you love about TV with all of the other amazing stuff you do online. With SkreensTV you decide what's on your screen by customizing layout of all the different content you want to view at once. From sports to gaming to web browsing - and of course, watching your favorite shows - SkreensTV brings everything together so you'll never have to compromise about what's on the screen again. Founded by Marc Todd in 2012, the company is headquartered in Boston. To check out SkreensTV, visit www.skreenstv.com.