Movavi Releases Easiest OS X Video Editor
The popular multimedia software publisher has released its latest OS X video editor, designed for home users who want to perfect their slideshows and videos in just a few clicks.
– Movavi is expanding its Mac multimedia software range, which already includes several easy-to-use applications for video and audio playback and conversion, fast video splitting, photo editing, and screen recording. The new program, Movavi Video Editor for Mac, reduces the time it takes to create videos and slideshows to mere seconds. All popular video, audio, and graphic formats are supported, including MP4, AVI, MOV, MP3, JPEG, PNG, and many more.
Ilya Zarezenko, Movavi’s Technical Director, explains the main idea behind the application: “Some users just want to present their photos and videos nicely, enhanced and trimmed where necessary, and combined with their favorite song - this is what our Mac Video Editor is designed to do. It enables you to turn your media collection into a slideshow in seconds and then share it on YouTube and your favorite social networks in just a few seconds more.”
Movavi’s Video Editor for Mac makes the process of video creation really simple. First choose the aspect ratio for your slideshow: 16:9 or 4:3. Add your files to the program’s storyboard, where you can also split videos into multiple “shorts”, extract unwanted scenes, and move elements around. Then you can add a soundtrack to accompany the visuals, along with your choice of more than 30 animated transitions between clips or photos – all this with a single click. Select one or multiple types of fades and they will be added to your project automatically, one by one.
Then there’s the MagicEnhance filter, which improves the quality of your footage, along with the Auto White Balance, Auto Contrast, and Auto Saturation options. Other basic editing capabilities include rotation and reflection.
Finished video projects can be exported to any format; many presets are provided, including settings,specially designed for iOS and Android mobile devices, and web-optimized formats for uploading movies to video sharing sites and social networks.
Price and Availability
A 7-day free trial can be downloaded from the program’s official page: http://www.movavi.com/mac-video-editor/, and a full license is priced at $29.95. The program will also be available on the Apple’s App Store in the near future.
* Intel-based Mac computer
* Mac OS X 10.6, 10.7, 10.8, 10.9, or 10.10 – 64-bit
* Display graphics minimum resolution of 1024x768x32-bit color
* RAM: Minimum 256 MB
* 1 GB of free hard disk space for smooth operation
* Administrative permissions are required for installation